Struggling to get your people back to the workplace?
Attracting your talent back to the workplace since Covid-19 may not be proving to be an easy exercise, so we want to offer our advice to get your workplace buzzing again.
Attracting your talent back to the workplace since Covid-19 changed the way we work, may not be proving to be an easy exercise. That’s the reason we’re wrote this article, to offer our help and support to get your workplace back up and buzzing as you knew it pre-pandemic.
Its time, and a good opportunity, to truly assess the environment you are inviting your staff members to return to, and to ask yourselves the following 10 key questions:
1. Does the look and feel of the environment really reflect your brand?
2. Is the office laid out in a way that enables staff to be productive, and to easily access areas without disruption or distraction to other colleagues?
3. Does the office offer a good mix of fixed workspaces, collaborative spaces, private high focus spaces, and chill-out (Break-out) spaces?
4. Not everyone needs a fixed workstation these days, so have steps been taken to reduce the number of workstations and free up spaces for other more important working or collaboration zones?
5. You may not need as much storage as may have been required in the past, particularly now that more and more businesses are going paperless. Therefore, has the quantity of storage areas been reviewed/reduced to free up space for other more important working or collaboration zones?
6. You may not need as many enclosed meeting rooms as you might have needed in the past, so has an assessment taken place to understand just how many enclosed meeting spaces are required? By removing unnecessary enclosed areas, you unlock space for other types of more important flexible working zones and meeting and collaboration points, which can now be delivered in the form of specialist furniture solutions.
7. Has the space been recently decorated with a fresh coat of paint to bring it to life?
8. Are the carpets and floor surfaces in good condition, or do they need replacing?
9. Are the Tea Points / Kitchenettes modern and clean, or do they need refreshing / upgrading?
10. Are the Toilets / Bathrooms modern and clean, or do they need refreshing / upgrading?
Treat your staff as your customers, as they are as important to you and your business, as your customers are. First impressions do count, and it’s important that the right actions are being taken to attract and retain your talent, as you would your customers. An office refurbishment is a great way to rethink the existing your office, and layout of your spaces and how you could add to and improve them to help inspire your workforce to come back to the workplace.
Read our article on Top 10 Reasons Why You Should Refurbish Your Workspace